We are sharing here a very useful tips from our friend MIAli on the topic of Teacher Standards in Assessment. Assessment is broad term and Exam is a part of Assessment. The point is that if an American Teacher has to meet these Standards given below then where a Pakistani Teacher is standing parallel to these Standards. It is requested to please read and understand all the Standards for a Teacher in Assessment so that we move forward. And bring change in our Pakistani classrooms for the quality education and improved student learnining.
- Teachers should be skilled in choosing assessment methods appropriate for instructional decisions.
- Teachers should be skilled in developing assessment methods appropriate for instructional decisions.
- The teacher should be skilled in administering, scoring and interpreting the results of both externally-produced and teacher-produced assessment methods.
- Teachers should be skilled in using assessment results when making decisions about individual students, planning teaching, developing curriculum, and school improvement.
- Teachers should be skilled in developing valid pupil [grading] procedures which use pupil assessments.
- Teachers should be skilled in communicating assessment results to students, parents, other lay audiences, and other educators.
- Teachers should be skilled in recognizing and [avoiding] unethical, illegal, and otherwise inappropriate assessment methods and uses of assessment information.
To be continued shall we move to next post in this regard? Please comment…
Teacher Standards in Assessment